At HMT Engineering & Surveying, we are building a team of passionate professionals who work daily to create raving fans out of our clients. Our incredible company culture is based on building strong relationships, bringing great passion in all we do, and being on the cutting edge with our services and software.
The Project Manager at HMT is responsible for preparation and coordination of all technical activities on assigned project. The Project Manager plans, schedules, conducts, and coordinates assigned engineering work, monitors work for compliance to applicable codes, accepted engineering practices and standards, and ensures effective communication and coordination on assigned projects between all disciplines and all other project consultants.
The Project Manager is the main point of contact in the day-to-day interaction with the Client’s designated representative, jurisdictional agency personnel as well as coordination of all internal activities performed by engineering staff.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for planning, scheduling, conducting and coordinating the technical aspects of projects
• Accountable for the successful completion of engineering projects
• Assist in the preparation of engineering project proposals
• Budget monitoring and trend tracking
• Participating in Client/Contractor meetings and resolving technical project issues
• Ensure effective engineering and Client communications
Qualifications and Skills
• Effective communication skills with all level of employees within an organization, both oral and written skills
• Effective interpersonal skills with all level of employees within an organization as well as clients and public agency officials
• Ability to work interdependently within a team environment
• Must be flexible to changes in work assignments on short notice and/or on a daily basis as changes occur in project needs
Education and Experience
• Bachelor of Science degree in engineering
• Five or more years of experience post-graduation
• Registered Professional Engineer (PE) license required